Our vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships. This is not a vague hope, but a goal we actively pursue by praying, campaigning and enabling. Discover how in Our Focus.
We aim to show our Christian faith by the transformation of communities worldwide. We can do this through supporting strong relationships within the family and promoting reconciliation at all levels.
There are more than four million members of Mothers’ Union today in 84 countries around the world. Each member subscribes to the same values:
- We are firmly rooted in voluntary ethos centered on mutual respect and collaboration.
- Our governance, leadership and programs are driven by and undertaken through members within their own communities worldwide.
- We are inclusive and work with people of all faiths and none
Our Aims and Objectives
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
- To promote and support married life
Our members are not all mothers, or even all women. They are single, married, parents, grandparents, or young adults just beginning to express their social conscience. Mothers’ Union provides, for all four million members, a network through which they can serve Christ in their own community – through prayer, financial support and actively working at the grassroots level in programs that meet local needs.
It is our ambition that by 2021 we:
- Can evidence of having a positive impact on over 1 million lives each year worldwide
- Are a global grassroots Christian movement with Faith at its core
- Have a global membership of some 6 million
- Are a confident and trusted partner of others, for the benefit of members and their communities
- Are a successful and respected advocate on chosen issues globally, nationally and locally within family and community life – with a particular focus on gender-based violence
- Have a streamlined governance and organizational structure of volunteers and staff
- Give highly cost-effective support to members in helping transform their communities