Address & Contact InfoAddress: 8501 New Hampshire Ave, Adelphi, MD 20783, USA
Contact: Ada Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meets monthly on the 1st Sunday of the month – immediately after church service
Mission and Ministry
Our mission is to support families facing adversities and to help the less privileged people.
Our Mothers’ Union Branch was formed on April 4, 2004, by Mrs. Muriel Olu-Jones (now deceased) together with seven (7) other founding members. Subsequent leaders of the Branch were Mrs. Ngozi Esonu, wife of then Rector of the Parish; Sister (now Rev.) Ebele Onwuachu Onigbo and Sister Ada Davies who is the current Branch Leader and has been for the past four years.
3. Counseling of newly married couples
4. Attracting new members to the Branch
What we Do
1. Annual Thanksgiving Service – The Branch’s annual Thanksgiving Service is held on the
1st Sunday in October every year.
2. Community Dinner – In the area of community outreach and involvement, the Branch co-hosts community dinners one alternate 3rd Saturdays in the month. Members of the Adelphi Community are treated with food, drinks and groceries to take away. During the Pandemic period, this activity is taking a “Drive-Thru” form.
3. Clothing Distribution – the Branch also distributes new and used clothing to the Adelphi community.
4. Seminars – The Branch, among its other activities, focuses on addressing Christian home and family life by organizing Seminars not only for the parish and other MU Branches, but for the wider Adelphi community.
5. Lady Day – The observance of Lady Day is an important event in the Branch’s calendar. Most recently, the branch teamed up with a sister branch, the Mothers’ Union of the Church of Our Savior (MUCOS) to mark this day by virtual service.
6. Sunday School – The Branch is also involved in the Children’s Ministry and the Sunday school. Two of our members are actively involved in teaching the children.
7. Overseas Donations – The Branch recently donated an amount to help the unfortunate children in Haiti.
8. Thy Kingdom Come Service – This program is another important event in the Branch’s yearly calendar.
9. Tea Party – To take away the stress from the stressful COVID pandemic period, the Branch organized a virtual Tea Party which attracted many MU members from sister branches as well as non-MU Members.
10. Special Prayers/Worship – During the pandemic and other stressful times.
11. Church Scholarship Fund – Donations are made to the church’s Scholarship Fund to assist youths the church in their college education.
12. Christmas Boxes – Contributions are made for the procurement and distribution of Christmas gifts to less privileged Children of the Adelphi community.
13. Visits to Shut-in members.